Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Decent Tires?

onehandman1 · 2020-02-10 09:47

What is a Decent brand for tires for a Backhoe? Tractor is Case 580 Super M Series 2 Thanks!

Replies15
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-10 11:26

    Front or rear ? Or both ? 2 wd or 4 wd ? I bought a set Hercules Super Lug R4 16.9x24 tires for the rear of my tractor from a local dealer. His price was better than all the brands and dealers I looked at. Most dealers I talked to wanted way too much to mount them. Not only was the price of the tire cheaper than the others, the price included mounting them. I took them to their shop in my truck. So far I like them. Really good grip when digging in piles with the loader. .

  2. #2edgephoto2020-02-10 19:38

    Hercules tries are an older brand. They used to be good. I assume they still are but am not sure.

  3. #3Legdoc2020-02-10 20:32

    I think it all depends on your access to the different brands and price you can get them for. My 2004 Case 580M with 800 hours on Goodyears and kept in the barn shows little wear or weathering. 2006 Kubota M9540 with 1100 hours on Titan tires need replacing. Not due to wear but deterioration. Deep cracks treads tearing. I have good pricing locally on Firestone and am going with that.

  4. #4Canadian_digger2020-02-11 20:39

    If you want a radial tire these have served me well. You will pay more that a bias ply but they ride a lot nicer and more puncture resistant

  5. #5onehandman12020-02-11 20:51

    Canadian digger, those tires look nice. Not quite sure if I need that nice of a tire. I mean I would like one. My main concerns, I tend to operate in soft ground/mud. I would like a tire that doesn't load up and become slicks. I am for sure doing front tires, and probably rears. They appear to be originals, maybe seconds. They are dry rotted, and starting to slice easy.

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-02-11 21:03

    My rear tires were I think $460.00 each. 12 ply rating. The ply rating will make a big difference in the price.

  7. #7Joe Friday2020-02-15 20:50

    Sorry I don't have a picture. Just for price comparison I just put 17.5 x 24 rear tires on - with wet tubes and calcium chloride for $1430.22 installed. Tires 446.11 each w/ tubes = 892.22 $198 for fluid $340 to mount. What is everyone's thought on the fluid?

  8. #8jimg9842020-02-15 21:10

    THAT TYPE OF FLUID NOT ALLOWED IN NORTH CAROLINA

  9. #9Billrog2020-02-15 21:44

    Not to sure a backhoe requires fluid for weight in back tires .

  10. #10fpgm042020-02-15 22:33

    Unlike farm tractors, backhoes are normally rear end heavy, I can’t image why I would want to add more weight to the rear of a backhoe. However, I can sure think of a lot of negatives for adding permanent ballast via calcium chloride to rear tires of a backhoe.

  11. #11Joe Friday2020-02-16 08:33

    Good tire salesman I guess....

  12. #12Tinkerer2020-02-16 10:35

    Huge waste of money. Normal tire pressure gauges will be destroyed just getting close to cc. When you get bogged down in mud, using the backhoe to get yourself unstuck will be more difficult. Why was the installation so high ? Did a tire truck come to your location and do the work ? That chloride will be a mess if you puncture the tire. Can't patch a tube with that crap in it because the tube has to come out for the repair. How full are the tires ? Axle height or beyond ? The chloride may or may not create a problem with the tire warranty if it is needed.

  13. #13onehandman12020-02-21 11:56

    any thoughts on these https://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-Ult...ckhoe+Tire&qid=1582255643&s=automotive&sr=1-6 Thank you

  14. #14boone2020-02-21 14:55

    I just bought a Carlisle Industrial F-3 Tire 11L-16SL 12 ply for the front of my "new to me" John Deere 310SE. Haven't mounted them yet. I'm replacing Goodyear Laborers.

  15. #15JL Sargent2020-02-21 15:25

    I bought a pair of these about a year ago and have been real happy with them. I had them shipped to an Old Dominion Trucking terminal and picked them up there. https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-9-24-TI...080476?hash=item216b2dbd5c:g:HsQAAOSwj8hbmqns