Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deciding between case and jd

da'yoop ยท 2010-05-21 08:40

I'm looking at making my first purchase of a backhoe and I'm not sure of the differences between case 580's and john deere 310's. I've heard something about the hydraulics being run off of the transmission in the case and a separate pump on the john deere machines. does one work better than the other? Is there anything special I should be looking out for with either machine? I haven't done any wrenching on these things, just operating, so I don't know what to look for. any help would be great....thanks guys.:Banghead

Replies5
  1. #195zIV2010-05-21 09:13

    You can always consider this: C an't A ttempt S erious E xcavation J ust D o it :lmao Sorry couldn't help myself, but now in all seriousness, the main answer to these types of questions seems to be What's your dealer support like? The better dealer gets the sale.

  2. #2da'yoop2010-05-21 09:24

    I'm limited on dealers. there is only 1 case dealer around here and the nearest jd dealer is about 70 miles away. I'm looking at 1985ish equipment, so i figured i would use local heavy equip mech shops.

  3. #3drifter590sl2010-05-26 00:26

    ok so your run what dh

  4. #4roda2010-05-28 10:58

    test

  5. #5Phil2010-05-28 19:45

    Look at the availability of cheap parts, aftermarket and used. Sooner or later you are going to need them. Phil