Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 120 moniter stays live with key off

diggerjdr ยท 2017-02-06 15:06

I have a deere 120 and the low oil pressure light on the dash stays on with the key off. The only way to shut it off is the SW Box fuse or diconnect battery. With the light on the machine will not start with the fuse pulled it starts and run fine. With the key off and the fuse in oil light lit the battery relay stays live until fuse is pulled . Any help??? Thank You

Replies9
  1. #1excavator2017-02-06 16:11

    Could be a couple of things but the most common is the diodes are out in the alternator. Disconnect it and see what happens.

  2. #2diggerjdr2017-02-06 16:46

    Thanks for your response. I did disconnect the alternater still same thing. I changed out the monitor with a different one same problem. Tested the ignition switch and I think it working properly. Why would the battery relay stay live with key off?

  3. #3Bls repair2017-02-06 16:52

    We have had problems with the key switch on a couple machines.

  4. #4Bls repair2017-02-06 17:01

    May be bad relay.

  5. #5garyw2017-02-08 14:11

    What year is the machine? It sounds like a diode blown but i'd need to know the year to work out the wiring schematic.

  6. #6diggerjdr2017-02-08 14:48

    Thanks for your reply. The machine is 1998.

  7. #7Rockclay2026-06-12 15:20

    Did you ever solve this? We have the same issue on the same machine.

  8. #8mg23612026-06-13 05:58

    @Rockclay This is an old post, so you may not get an answer. Please start your own thread and post up the machine's serial number.

  9. #9Rockclay2026-06-13 18:34

    Thank you. We did figure it out for future reference. There are three plug in diodes below the fuse panel. Yellow clip on, 3 amp. That causes this issue if anyone else looks here like I did