My brother is looking at possibly buying a 2016 Deere 135G. The machine has just under 4200 hours on it. It has a quick hitch, thumb, front blade, and it has triple grouser steel tracks (not the rubber street pads one usually sees on these). The machine does take DEF but not sure if it is Tier 4 final, or interim. I'm looking for opinions on this platform, common issues to look for on this model, and comments regarding longevity. Thanks!
Def is teir4 final. Run it hard and heavy and minimize the idle time and you shouldn't have to much problems with the emissions. Extended idling and light work causes most problems with the emissions.
I suppose the members of the forum can work together to help you fix it if it breaks down later on. First, I send you the service manual of this engine for your reference.
I've been running mine for 6 years without a single problem, granted no def, but it's a good machine. I might buy another one to put a rock drill on.
See if you can get a read on the amount of ash or time on the DPF. In general, four to five thousand hours is about the common place to have to take them out and have them cleaned. Maybe look into a price to get that done from the dealer and use it as leverage to negotiate with.