Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 260 B park brake circuit

GregD1 ยท 2014-10-16 19:28

Does anybody have access to Service Guard for a schematic on the park brake circuit for a 260 B skid steer S/N 928415 ? If you release the brake with the lap belt on, it goes about 10 feet then locks up and kills the engine faster than you can release the travel levers. Pulled the dash panel to check the plug connector on the switch. For the cost of a switch, I swapped it out. It improved it, now it will travel for a few minutes then locks up. I have not looked any further without a schematic. As I remember there is a pin that goes through the chain case to engage the sprocket or the chain. It`s been a while since I worked on one. Thanks for any info.

Replies6
  1. #1Deereman2014-10-19 21:51

    Have you checked the park brake solenoid? Does it stall the machine every time? If not, can you just hit the brake release and go again?

  2. #2GregD12014-10-19 23:15

    I haven`t been back to the machine to check anything. I did get a schemtic of the circuit though. You can unlock the brake, you can hear it release. Take off and faster than you can release the handles it will set and kill the engine faster than you can release the handles. Once it`s dead, the park brke switch has to be pushed to set the brake, otherwise it won`t start up again.

  3. #3Deereman2014-10-19 23:45

    Check the wires on the park brake solenoid. Should be behind the right hand side panel. Has 2 wires that go to a plug. Held on by one nut. I just replaced this on my 320. Mine never stalled the machine but would come close.

  4. #4cutting edge2014-10-20 23:41

    faulty seat switch or seatbelt switch

  5. #5GregD12014-10-22 09:25

    Still haven`t made it back to the machine, and anything is possible, problems I`ve run into before with seat / belt switches is the belt would have to be unlatched and get off the seat to reset the switches. This one is resett the park brake switch and it will start right up.

  6. #6joeblow2014-10-29 22:15

    Sounds like a seat switch. If you weigh less than 150 pounds the thing will set off every time you hit a bump. I would suggest an all pizza diet and lots of beer.