Does anyone have pictures or diagrams of where to plumb a 2003 deere 270c hydraulic thumb to what block and where, also where to connect the electrical from the pilot valve in the cab that I will need to put in. We farm and have worked on lots of aq equipment but not all that familiar with the excavators and I have looked but cannot seem to find clear (to me anyway) documentation and pictures on where all of the hydraulic lines and electrical need to go so that I can plumb it in. i have gotten some information from excavator but I am still not quite clear on the specific locations. If I can see some pictures of where the lines goto then the rest is easy. tia
I broke down a purchased a plumbing kit from HKX, I have installed it, but I also bought a new hydraulic thumb from rb auction. It is a pin on thumb with a hydraulic cylinder, however no specs or instructions came with it and I am unsure of what to set the relief pressure at? Does anyone have some numbers. John Deere dealership states that the curl pressure relief valve should be around 5500psi and the thumb obviously less than that, but that seems really high for the size of cylinder on the hoe. I was thinking more around 3000psi but really have no basis for that? Any thoughts.
I usually set them around 1800-2100 psi, just so the bucket overrides the thumb.
is that on an excavator of this size or a smaller one?
Any of them. It does depend on things like quick couplers ect. which sometimes change the distance between the end of the stick and the bucket. Start at 1800 psi and try it, if necessary turn it up until satisfactory. You want enough clamping force so you can hold whatever you're picking up but you do not want the thumb to override the bucket.