Can someone tell me what battery should be in a john deere 310C? There are two batteries in it now that are toast, but i also see online that you could run one battery So: If one battery what size is needed If two batteries what two are needed The batteries in there now are so beat up i cant read any labels
Depends on the machine serial number for what group and size battery. If the machine came with two batteries, then it most likely was sold with the cold start option. Being that you are from our good neighbors from the great white north, I would stick to two batteries.
Could you explain what the cold start option is? I havent noticed anywhere to put starting fluid on the machine
It is an ether injector system. There should ? be a push button on the dash for it. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/16942/referrer/search/pgId/2182120 Two batteries will provide a longer time to operate the starter. But, you have to allow the starter to cool down and not run it too long. I hate using ether. If at all possible install an electric block heater of some kind .
It should have a block heater already..... Ed
Ether start was an option. One battery starting or two, was an option. The dealer could pick and choose what they wanted. If you supply a serial number of the machine, I should be able to see what options your machine was built with. Since it originally had two batteries, then it most likely has the two battery cold start option.
The serial number is *T0310CF771481*
I looked harder and was able to get a product number to search and looks like group 94R batteries are in there now. There is a couple chunks of lumber in the battery box holding them in place so not sure if that is the original size
General PDP Template www.canadiantire.ca General PDP Template www.canadiantire.ca These are the two options i am looking at. I dont know much about batteries but the slightly cheaper one has more CCA and is a AGM. Which batteries would you go with?
Per serial #, that battery box was designed for (2) group 31 batteries. You should find CT has some better spec’s batteries for less money in group 31.
does it matter if i go with a battery with more CCA? The options range from 800-1000CCA. I figure i might as well spend the extra $50 and get 1000 instead of 800
It does matter. 1000 CCA will give you a higher cranking speed in cold weather. The 1000 may be physically taller than a lower CCA Amp battery tho.
you are correct. the 1000 is 9.5 inches vs 8 inches. I better measure the battery box before committing Was hoping to grab the batteries on my way home today
One thing to remember with batteries is the lower the cranking amps the more heavy duty and longer lasting the battery will be. Plates will be thicker and spaced further apart. If you have 2 batteries you should have more than enough cranking amps. I'd probably buy from somewhere other than Canadian Tire. If you have a Costco nearby, they have a good warranty and are usually less expensive. I'm lucky because there is a place here that sells reconditioned batteries. I've had excellent results with reconditioned batteries. A couple have lasted 10 years or more. I think the shortest lasting was about 6 years which is just as good as a new battery or better at far less cost.
I went with the 1000CCA Napa group 31 batteries. They seem to be doing the trick