What is the secret to disassembling the stabilizer cyls .I have a leaker and cant see how it comes apart..any help is appreciated!
No big secret--it's all straight forward but you really need a parts book in front of you if you've never done this before.
After removing the snap ring on the rod guide, push the rod guide back in the barrel. Be sure to retract the rod so the piston is not up against the rod guide. In the barrel there is a groove for another snap ring. You need the split orange plastic ring that comes in the seal kit. It fits in the groove of the barrel. This allows you to pull the rod guide out of the barrel.
thanks Jack Im gonna go check it out today!
hello again. I repacked the cylinder,all went well,or so I thought.The cylinder holds well on the down stroke (holds tractor up)and will fall down only sometimes(sometimes faster than others).Could this be something stuck in the valve from my previous cylinder problem? any ideas? thanks Butch :Banghead
Lockout valve, if you s/n is above 913480 then the lockout is your problem. Sitting in the seat facing the steering wheel, tell me which stab cylinder is drifting. Then I can give you the part number.
thanks ,sitting in the seat the right cylinder is leaking down.serial # 931567 how big of a job is it to change it? thanks Butch:drinkup