Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 326D Drive Chain Noise

nates90 ยท 2014-02-13 15:00

I have not been able to check the tension of the drive chain, but when I am driving the skid steer, mainly when turning, I can here a quite ticking sound in the chain boxes. Has anyone else heard this before on a skid steer? I am new to an enclosed cab skid steer where I can hear everything.

Replies4
  1. #1Swannny2014-02-16 09:01

    Hard to say, but I've had several CATS where the chain case noise is amplified in colder weather since the oil is thicker. Sounded like marbles being churned in a thick buttery batter.

  2. #2MatthewG2014-02-21 16:42

    My 2008 JD 325 with enclosed cab had a terribly noisy chain, especially in 2 speed. What year 326D?? Any feedback as I am looking at buying one, just demoed the 329D,but will stick with wheels

  3. #3nates902014-03-26 08:34

    So far I have had good luck with it. I have had error codes come up once in awhile due to cold weather running. Its a 2011 model I believe.

  4. #4Mark132014-03-26 23:45

    My boss has a 3yr old 320D, 350hrs on it, single speed. The drive chains on it make god awful noises when running in cold weather. I was using it to move snow piles a couple months ago and couldn't get over how loud the drive chains were. I had to run the radio much louder then I normally would just to be able to understand it over the noise from below the cab.