Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 326E lost all functions

Dodgeboy06 ยท 2023-06-12 19:06

Good evening, I have a Deere 326E skid steer serial number 1T0326EMLFJ276922 with about 2400 hours on it that has me a bit confused. I was getting a couple of fault codes pointing me to the right side speed sensor so I replaced the sensor. In the process a couple of gallons of hydro fluid were lost (long story but this occured over the course of several days so it was a bit of fluid here and a bit there). I replaced approximately what I thought was lost (cannot be exact at the moment as I have the arms up and pinned in place to make access to the belly area a bit easier) and started the machine. I hit the parking brake release button like always, all lights go off like I should be able to use the machine but it will not move, neither the arms nor machine direction. I do have the back up alarm sounding when I try to back up. I checked the fuses on the right side of the machine and everything seemed to be fine. I do not have any active codes showing on the display when I scroll thru the menu. I did notice I was not hearing the 'clunk' sound that usually accompanies the release of the lock/parking brake. I disconneced the plug on the coil for the hydro lock on the valve bank under the floor and was able to get a fault code and it seemed it tried to power it briefly when I had my VOM on it. I also noticed that when I then shut the machine off I hear what sounds like air bubbles working thru the hyrdo system and into the tank. I'm wondering if I lost prime in the valve body? I am hoping someone here can help at least point me in a direction to help get this machine going again. I appreciate any and all help HEF can provide.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612023-06-13 05:09

    Make sure the oil level is at the bottom (low level mark) of the sight glass, even with the loader arms up.

  2. #2Dodgeboy062023-06-13 06:42

    mg2361 Thank you very much for taking the time to point me in the right direction, I guess I didn't realize where the oil level needed to be with the arms up. I put more fluid in and everything is working properly. Thank you again for your time and insight.

  3. #3Dodgeboy062023-06-13 07:43

    I was able to take the machine for a ride around the yard and got fault codes 1594.14 and 1595.14 which refer to left and right speed sensors and to 'see manual'. When the codes pop up its usually when I was going full forward, it seems if I keep it below full on the joy stick the machine would not trigger a code. When the codes are on the parking brake applies and will not release. I'm hoping someone has some insight to help address this. The right side speed sensor was just replaced with OEM and I have not touched the left sensor as of now.

  4. #4mg23612023-06-13 12:03

    You need to perform a calibration if you replaced the speed sensor. Then we will go from there if there are still issues. Do you have the procedure?

  5. #5Dodgeboy062023-06-13 13:04

    Thanks again for your time and patience with me on this mg2361, I do appreciate it. I do not have the procedure and the dealer was less than helpful, just the typical "We can send someone out to look at it" answer.

  6. #6Dodgeboy062023-06-14 08:14

    I have done the calibration procedure on several of the 333G machines I take care of, that was able to be done using the push buttons in the cab, on this machine I have not seen the menu that allows me to enter the calibration mode so I don't know if there is a computer that needs to be used to activate/do the calibration or if there is a way to get to it thru the display in the cab

  7. #7mg23612023-06-14 12:01

    You need to be in the service menu of the monitor. Press and hold the menu button for approximately 5 seconds to enter the service menu. Then scroll to calibrations. Press select. Scroll to calibration you want, press select. Follow the on-screen prompts. Also, make sure the hydraulic oil is at least 140*F before you begin or it will not allow the calibration to proceed.

  8. #8Dodgeboy062023-07-31 17:31

    Sorry for the incredibly late reply to this, Thank you again to mg2361, following your instructions I was able to get to the calibration mode and have the machine working properly at this time.