Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL8 Needs motor rebuild

Classicsrescue · 2023-06-13 14:44

I could use some advice. I picked up a 2016 Takeuchi TL8 thinking it needed injector work. Turns out, the motor needs to be rebuilt. Can anyone give me an idea of what it should cost and a good place to work with? I’m in Dallas, TX. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-06-14 03:24

    Depending on how much work is required could be around $2000/cylinder to have rebuilt by a shop. Even more if the Injection pump needs work.

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2023-06-15 09:05

    Which engine? Kubota? Yanmar? Doing it yourself or pricing out to have a shop do the work?

  3. #3Classicsrescue2023-06-15 09:08

    Kubota V3307 Shop

  4. #4ozarkag2023-06-16 19:29

    We priced out a TL8 Kubota V3307 common rail rebuild. Parts Only over $3600 Not including machine shop work to hone and or bore oversize. Did include 4 new injectors at close to $600 each. All Oem Kubota Seems the way these fail is an injector goes out and scores a piston. . .