Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 328 auto quick-tach

farmer bob ยท 2017-11-27 00:11

My 328 electric q-t stopped working. It's not the linear actator, i bench tested it. The toggle switch is lit up, and i can faintly hear a relay clicking under the cab when I activate the switch. I've traced the wires back from the q-t to the relay blocks and all looks good. Is there a common deere issue I can check out, or some other tests? I ordered new relays since they are cheap. All the wiring and connections look good too.

Replies3
  1. #1jerrybeckman2017-12-05 21:50

    Mine was acting up on my 326d and it turned out to be wire harness issue after q t as it went up the boom arm

  2. #2farmer bob2017-12-06 06:55

    I cut off all the boom wire. That was my first suspicion as well. Figured i would replace it. I'm all the way back to the relays now and will be buying new ones too. I can hear them click but dont know if they are sending power out to the actuator

  3. #3Tractorguy2017-12-10 21:29

    If you have a meter or test light you can check out at q/t most common I have seen was harness down the boom at well.