Hi, We have a Deere 344L loader, serial 1LU344LXEZB052688, that had code 003516.01 pop up today. Plugged in with service advisor, ran the first test and refreshed codes, no change. Verified the Def quality with a refractometer and it came in right on 32.5%, so thinking we need to replace the header. Engine is the 4045-DD225-14, and got part number DZ128850. Question is when looking at the part diagram, it shows DZ130064 as a monitor sensor kit. Does anyone have experience if this sensor kit would replace the DEF quality sensor, or is it better to replace the entire header assembly with filter and lines? I see they’ve updated the part to gen 3, so not even sure if the original header in there is compatible with the new sensor kit, but figured I’d ask before ordering the whole assembly. Thank you for any insight into this.
Here’s some pictures if needed
There is a PIP for that DEF header that should be covered under warranty. Ask about PIP 23TX135 or Solution 224738.
Unfortunately I think we are out of emissions warranty, and the dealer hasn’t been very responsive when asked about previous PIPs that should have been covered. I can double check, but I have a feeling I’ll be on my own with this one
I did look and your machine is out of warranty. Warranty left on the machine does not matter when a PIP is still open, then the machine is covered. The PIP for your machine is in fact a software update to address the 3516.01 codes. It is not a component replacement. It would be worth having the software update performed to see if that resolves your issue since the update is warrantable. If it does not fix your issue, then the header would have to be replaced on your dime. Check your messages. I sent you the solution.
Called the dealer today with the serial number, and they said the PIP is not applicable unfortunately. Was hoping for some good news, but this is how our Deere experience has been the past few years. So ended up ordering the header, and will install in the next few days. Thank you for the heads up MG2361, I really appreciate you going though and seeing the PIP, just our dealer doesn’t seem to want to help us when it comes to these PIPs.
Quick update, installed the DEF header and all is good. Would’ve been done a few days earlier, but snapped the fuel suction line elbow on top of the tank while moving the fuel tank over. Just something to watch if anyone else has to do this job in the future. Other than that, straight forward and fixed the issue. Thanks again MG2361, your help is greatly appreciated.