Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 50D hydraulic question

K5Cruz ยท 2018-08-30 20:59

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Deere 50D. The machine is right at 2k hours and looks to be well maintained. I went and did a limited test run of the machine and several others earlier this week. In my attempt to lift the machine off the ground I lifted the front of the machine with the blade and spun the house 180 degrees and proceeded to attempt to lift the rear of the machine. It would not lift, or even attempt to lift, the machine. The seller noticed, mentioned that Deere machines will not lift this way, and told me to lower the front of the machine, lift with the boom first, then lift with the blade. This worked flawlessly, the boom having plenty of power to lift the machine as well as the blade. I have watched several youtube videos of 50D machines first lifting with the blade and then the boom. The kubota machine I used to run for work would lift itself in this manner, and the Volvos I ran earlier in the day would as well. The machine was recently serviced, fluid levels were good. It did not sound like it was relieving when attempting to lift, it just did nothing beyond lowering the bucket and boom. My question is this, is this a feature of the machine, or is there a problem that needs addressed?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612018-08-31 04:49

    When you boom down with the blade already down try feathering the arm out (without actually moving the arm) at the same time. It should lift the machine. This is fairly normal thing with Deere's. Otherwise it might be as simple as a circuit relief adjustment.

  2. #2K5Cruz2018-08-31 21:38

    Thank you for the reply. I'll give that a shot next week.