Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 700j hydraulic getting hot.

4digger · 2024-12-07 10:25

Hey everyone. Been awhile since I posted. I’m working on a Deere 700j dozer. Machine runs and operates just fine, but the hydraulic oil overheats just sitting at idle and while working. Hydraulics are very responsive. Wondering if anyone’s run into this problem before or have any insite. There is no hydraulic cooler and we did change the hydraulic filter. Appreciate any info. Thx.

Replies7
  1. #14digger2024-12-07 13:12

    Correction there is a hydraulic cooler.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2024-12-07 16:35

    Machine serial # ?

  3. #34digger2024-12-08 10:27

    It’s 169898. We blew the coolers out temp still rose quickly. We checked hydraulic presser at the valve body and it’s reading 3300psi idling. That’s seems very high. Wondering what factory psi setting should be.

  4. #44digger2024-12-13 13:50

    Bump. Still stuck on it.

  5. #5mg23612024-12-14 06:03

    Post a picture of your serial number. The number you supplied above is not coming up in the system. Need the S/N to determine what options that unit was built with. Sounds like you have the Integrated Control Valve. Having 3300 psi all the time is why you are overheating. The unloading spool in the control valve is most likely stuck. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a graphic to show you where it is at. It is part of the inlet section. I'll keep digging to see if I can find a graphic.

  6. #6Steve Austin2024-12-14 11:42

    Does it have a 3 or four spool valve, and does it have an auxiliary joystick?

  7. #74digger2024-12-31 10:34

    Just wanted to update. We figured it out. Turns out the plumbing for the hydraulic cooler need to be reran after precious owner removed winch. Thx.