Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 85g thumb only operates one direction

Leerock15 ยท 2025-07-06 23:31

I have a 2019 85g it has a tag pin on thumb operated by the right joy stick toggle. Had a small fire burnt some wires I have repaired wiring harness and replaced fuse for the thumb control rocker switch on the pannel. Now the thumb will only go up , and will do nothing when pressing down. I have checked the hydraulic solenoids. No voltage is going to the control for down. No single what so ever for down. Only up which operates. I have tested for single at the harness connector on the connection right before it Enters into the cab "this connection was not damaged by fire.no signal from the switch. Is this system computer controlled could the computer be fried and not sending signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612025-07-07 05:17

    Welcome to HEF Leerock ! A machine serial number will get you an electrical schematic for the auxiliary circuit if you are interested.

  2. #2Leerock152025-07-07 09:51

    Thank you! Here is my serial : 1ff085gxcjj020438

  3. #3mg23612025-07-07 11:53

    Check your messages.

  4. #4Leerock152025-07-19 21:43

    Thank you for the diagram! I've searched all wiring and traced it following the diagram everything is ohm connected so the wiring is intact. Is it possible the pressure sensor could be faulty and only allow it to operate the one solenoid for up? If I swap wires at the solenoids it will go down but not up basically just to verify the solenoid is good. Could the controller be bad main controller be bad and only allow it to send voltage one direction? Thanks again for your help!

  5. #5Mike_272025-07-19 23:45

    is the accessory circuit set for a one way attachment like a breaker in the console?

  6. #6Leerock152025-07-19 23:53

    I had wondered about this. I have went trough every setting possible and see absolutely no option for selecting attachment type etc. no way to even set for constant flow like if I was going to use a bush hog etc. is there something I'm missing somewhere?

  7. #7mg23612025-07-20 07:30

    Key on, press and hold the #9 button, momentarily press the round dial down, release button #9. Now you will be in the service mode. Rotate the dial to highlight monitoring. Press the dial to select. If the left side green squares are all full, you may have to deselect items to make room for the items you want to view, which may involve entering other controllers to deselect. Rotate dial to highlight main, press the dial. The items you would be looking for are: Electric lever signal 1 - this would be the roller signal to the main controller Electric lever pilot pressure 1 - this is the pressure sensor signal in the circuit After selecting the items you want you will have to back out to the controller choice screen, then rotate the dial to start, then press the dial to enter live monitoring. If the roller signal is reaching the controller, then there is an issue with the output of the controller, whether it be a solenoid, wiring or the controller itself. You said you ohm'd the wiring, did you load test the wiring from the controller to the solenoids?

  8. #8Leerock152025-07-20 07:51

    I will try that next and report back I did not load test I will do so. Thank you!