Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hein-Werner Swing Problem

kelly mt ยท 2020-08-12 19:07

I have a 1969 H-W C-14 excavator. The swing works OK until the oil warms up then the swing is week and will come to a complete stop at times. I can hear oil porting so oil is moving but not sure how to troubleshoot this. The swing circuit has a pressure compensating unit and uses a single spool control valve. Ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1Rob Gunn2020-08-14 10:55

    I have a old H-W C-12 a number of years ago. The swing was a hydraulic motor to a gearbox found in the front of the machine next to the bucket arm. I would guess that the hydraulic motor may be failing?

  2. #2kelly mt2020-08-14 15:32

    Thanks for the reply Rob. Any experience with the compensating valve? It's an easy first check. At least the swing motor is easy to get to if that's the problem.