Recently purchased a G series Deere grader and was wondering how hard it is to hook up more lights? Specifically to get them to operate from the control module. When I asked the service manager he laughed and said you gotta bring it to us. Obviously would prefer not to do that. Thanks in advance.
Well.... let me tell u a story on hooking up the beacon on my "D". It didnt have a beacon on it when i bought it and thought I needed more strobes so I found the wires for the beacon.( All prewired and just hanging there ready to hook up.......awesome, right?),but for some reason I couldn't get juice to the wire. First thing , check the fuse....ok. Got out the wiring diagram and tried to follow that.( If anyone can figure out those diagrams your a heck better man than I:Banghead). After a couple hours tracing down the wires and trying to read those little numbers and letters on them, I reverted back to the manuals. On the 3rd time around, I noticed a little asterisk in the directions. Anyway I ramble.... Apparantly you have to activate the beacon switch through the computer. Went into the service menu and then u can pick and chose which switches are activated. I 'activated' the beacon switch and and bingo.. the beacon started to flash. I am guessing the newer 'G's are similiar in that respect and you will have to get into the service menu to activate the switch. Good luck.
Lights I just bought a set of Ridge lights for my CLC200.Very easy to hook up.Priced out of Amazon in US.I put a set of floods on this as well as a set of spots on my Gator.Very very well built.These are LED and pull very little amps.I hooked them up right with old light wiring harness.The work with 6 to 36 volts no problem.Price for a pair of 4 lrd,s approx 169.00 US,I friend from Kenora was just here and wants some.
Thanks for the replies. Biggrader how does one activate the service menu? I have purchased a service manual but it says nothing regarding the things we are talking about here. Is there a different publication one can buy? ILLICEMAN I will investigate those lights. They sound reasonably priced.
What you want to do has nothing to do with the service menu. the problem is that you will trip the drivers that operate the lights if you just wire them into the exisiting harness with the existing lights. Youre going to want to change the circuit so it operates a relay instead of powering lights.
Trouble is there isn't much in the way of existing lights. The harnesses are there with the plugs and the controls are there on the module but when you plug in the lights its as biggrader describes. The circuits have to be activated in the computer. We know all about relays and such as we used a relay circuit operated by the back up alarm to power some reverse lights we wired in. Thanks
Once again I have a 870D ( Note D). and I have not been around the 'G's so take this for what it is worth. Hold the 'menu' button down for 5 seconds, an alarm will beep and the display will say service menu. On the 'D' it will add "Machine Config" to the main menu. Enter the Machine Config option and the screen will say 1.Tire size 2. Enable options. Go to enable options and it will give you a list of 8 different options. On mine they are 1.F work lts 2.Cab front lts 3. Cab Corner lts. 4 R side Work lts. 5.Rotary Beacon. ( The one that I had to activate) 6. Sec Steering 7. Front low wipers 8. Heated mirrors. By scrolling through these different options and selecting them it should activate the switch in the control module. Good luck
Thats what I wanted. Thank you. Ill let you know how I make out. What publication did you find the wiring diagrams in? Would be handy to have.
Direct. If you have to you can always wire direct to battery.
The information is located in the Test Manual/electrical schematics manual. Deere lists 4 different electrical manuals for the G so I dont know which one you would need.
Thanks again for all the input. It will be very helpful. I ll let you know how I make out.
It worked!!! Thanks again. Very simple. And the money stays in my pocket for now. Thanks biggrader.
Glad it worked out, Just saved u a couple hundred bucks for a visit to the dealer so they could push a few buttons. Consider it an early christmas gift!!