Who has a Deere or Hitachi mini (like a 50 size) What are the Deere "D" series like to own? We are looking at a unit that has about 2700 hrs on it.
??????? Anyone? I see lots of them out there! ????????
I own one -- love it so far. Mine has 800 hours on it and no issues to date. Make sure you get it equipped with a thumb -- makes it quite a versatile machine.
Price range for that many hours ins running anywhere between 25-35K.Depending on how its equiped,condition and hours. Main things I see are quick coupler ware and undercarriage. Its usually cheaper to either buy another qc or just do away with it if you don't plan on changing it much. You can find some 50Czts for cheap.. As far as deere vs hitachi they r pretty much the same in the mini;s. Just pick a color. Deere just tends to bring more on resale..
I have a JD 50D The only problem I have had it he top track rollers both wore out at about 1600 hr. They were about 500.00 for the pair. When I ordered the new ones the dealer told me the numbers had been changed so I assume they made some modifications to the rollers. I have about 1800 hr. on mine now. My lower bucket pins are getting sloppy but I do use a breaker and a plate compactor on it quite alot. Overall I can't complain.
Buy a Yanmar you'll be much happier,Best machine out there I;ve had them all
what size D-series Deere did you have?
a 50 what a peice of junk,stay away buy a yanmar and be happy
The new deere's have yanmar in them. And I am guessing he had the first 50zts??
a 50 what a peice of junk,stay away buy a yanmar and be happy [ ointheadyanmarman- give it a break. no one else is slandering other brands. espescially coming from a yanmar guy..please. the deere is a fine machine and i know they ...well enough said.
Wow. Digging up a six month old thread to rag on deere.
john deere does not even make a good lawn mower,if it wasn;t for yanmar jonh deere would be out compact tractor bussiness.Try getting parts for jd ,around here all the jd dealerships have been bought up by 1 dealership maple mountain equipment and you have to order all parts they carry no parts. one time i needed parts for jd 317 mower deck bearing john deere does not even make a good lawn mower,Yanmar has kept them in compact tractor bussiness.Around here Pa. all of the jd dealships have been bought by 1 dealership maple mountian equipment.You have to order all parts ,they keep nothing on stock.One time i needed parts for jd 317 mower deck waited over 3 months to get my parts,summer was allmost over.I guess if you dont need your equipment running all of the time i would go with jd.Around here jd is a swear word,i could go on for ever .jd is junk ,would you buy chevy truck with a ford motor in it,i think not you would buy a ford do you understand me now colorado wigger BUY A YANMAR jd does all the time yanmarengines are in lots of other equipment must be true
Maybe you should take up you dealer issues with Deere Corporate. I've never had to order a part for my F935 lawn mower, always instock. My german built 6400 has taken a week to get maybe 5 parts. Since your the one being hostile, why would you wait 3 months for a bearing? One trip to your local industrial supply shop and they could cross reference it. They would have a timken in your hand no later than the next day.
also might be relevant to remember that you have a 25 year old lawn mower (junk as you say, but still going after that long unlike 90% of the mowers that age) and that parts availability for a piece that old might not be the same as for something built in the last 10 years. Also looks like you'll be limited to Kubota and Deere on a skid steer if you ever need one since all the others run somebody else's engine......
needed the double pulley. as for 317 it was my dads motor be replaced twice along with many other parts..but dont get me wrong its a old tractor and i like it ,but cosy a lot of money to keep it running. we quit running jd farm tractors 30 years ago went international ever since.
Ok we get it yanmarman, you like Yanmar. Good for you. Unless you can provide some explicit proof of Yanmar's superiority, please keep your opinions to yourself. Tell us why the Yanmar is soooo much better than all the rest?
GGGGeee Mx, Can't you tell?? Its got Yanmar written on it!! ;-)
colorado wigger BUY A YANMAR yanmarman ointhead once again. if the first time does not work ointhead what size yanmar do you have? how many hours? why is it so bad a...? my main dealer sells yanmar and i won't even take a free demo. i may even run a jcb before a yanmar. when you actually have some substance and something worth talking about get back. otherwise whatever p.o.s. you think is so superior..use it, run it. does it have a turbo>??? oh i forgot.. yanmar doesn't have a turbo..no thanks. the only time a ran a yanmar it was so slow that i could drink a cup of coffee while i pulled back on the stick..another cup for the swing around to the stockpile. then walking over the stockpile i needed a spaceblanket to keep me warm for the overnight trip.
well well my yanmar has 4300 hrs with no major breakdowns our jd had lots of major problems ,has never had a oil leak not too bad for a 8 year old excavator . this machine has proven itself over and over ! used allmost every day not part time ,and not digging 1 foot deep like some. we'll be buying a new it the near furture remember you can;t change stupid
yanmarman- what i fine impression you have made in your first few posts. i wish you the best of luck here on h.e.f.
It looks like I´m digging up a derailed thread, but who makes the Hitachi zx18 (at least, who made the 2005 model)? Is it their own production, or a re-badged unit?
Can't say for sure but a ZX18 sounds like a over the pond excavator. Even then I would say its still a hitachi..
What wrong with Colorado digger? I have 3 yanmar excavators,what size would like to hear about? Two are newer ones 2010;s. Other one is 2006 wiyh 4000 hrs. and never a problem.I work 6 days a week with these excavators,how about you?I didn;t think you would get so upset about my yanmars.30 plus years ,and have tried all brands and am sold on yanmar! Calm down
yanmarman-Its just the way you come across. We are all parcel to our own brand mainly because of experience. Plus If it wasn't for jd, yanmar would not be where they are today. So just relax. And they will to. We're all on here for the same reasons!
Yanmar man, I own a Yanmar VIO 35-2 with 2400 hours on it and I love the machine. I would definitely buy another when the time comes. That being said the travel speed on the yanmar is much slower than my friends JD 35 with 4000+hours and would be a factor when I buy another mini. My point is they both are good machines with their strengths and weakneses. you come off like a rectum with your Yanmar is great everything else sucks routine. You probably are not as ignorant as you sound on the forum and are just trying to stir the pot. This forum has a good feel to it right now but somebody like you comes along and blows it all up. I suggest the rest of the forum just ignore your posts and maybe you will change your behavior or better yet just go away.
I'm pretty sure I can get JD parts a whole lot easier than I can get Yanmar parts. I could drive the 15 minutes to the JD dealer and most likely get the parts that are in stock. Or, if they don't have the parts, I could go to the Hitachi dealer that's about 2 minutes from them. I could also buy a Yanmar, and have to drive 8 hours, one way, to get parts. If they have them in stock, and knowing who the Yanmar dealer is, their having parts in stock is doubtful. Gee, I'd love to have to haul the machine all that way for warranty work, especially if they didn't have the parts to fix it, and then either have to get a hotel, or drive all the way home, just to get to drive all the way back down to get it when it was ready. I'm sure Yanmar makes a nice machine, but I've always had very good luck with JD, and being able to get parts and service easily is a good thing in my books.
OK Iget it OK I get it! lets forget about it
50s are good machines...built tough. They are however quite slow...too slow for me.
It's made by Airman, as are all Hitachi/Deere mini's from 5t and down.
Whats an airman What are you talking about
I have a hitachi 50 and it has been a great machine. Just bought a mower head for it.
Yanmar are good machines but have weak travel motors. I had to replace both mine in the first 1200hrs. Not cheap either. Otherwise one of the best on the market. I currently have a Hitachi Zaxis 35U with 12", 18", 30" digging buckets, 4' tilting batter bucket, ripper tine and a hydraulic grab, 4' skelton bucket and A/C cab. 1000hrs so far and nothing but good reports. Firetrack
Went from International(766/866/1086) to Deere farm tractors(3140/4640/6320/5320) and never looked back. One thing about owning International is that they make you a good mechanic - still remember the torque amplifier, rear axel bearings etc. After going to Deere could have sold most of the tools on the old farm. Also have two Deere ride on lawn mowers (one with kohler - pretty basic and one with kawasaki engine - nice engine) Must be a lot of uninformed farmers out there still using Deere.
Only red on our farm!!! had green never looked back
Airman is a Japanese excavator manufacturer that makes all of hitachi and Deere's mini's from 5t and down. If you think Hitachi makes them you are incorrect. http://www.airman.co.jp/en/product/product08.html
I have a jd 35d, and i dont know if ide buy annother deere. It was a good machine from the start, lots of power, seemed very servicable with the cab lift system and everything. first problem I had though was overheating from day one. with a totally clean radiator the machine wont stay cool in temperatures over 25 degrees celcius. Deere corected this problem with a pulley that made the fan spin faster which was right on. next issue was at 900 hrs the hydralic pump blew. I run an npk c-4 on mine from time to time but this shouldnt have done it. then deere admitted they had a problem with the swash plates in their pumps sticking causing a no metal failure but they were only replacing the ones with the bad pumps that came in on warranty. then at 1400 hrs i had a spool cap let loose in the valve bank and it had to go back to the shop again. now at 1900 hrs the pump is behaving very much like it did when it blew the last time. any one else have problems like this with their newer deere compact machines?
. Never ran either but know a guy who does commercial land development and he told me hitachi is the best he ever has ran. He has ran cat, job, Hyundai, komatsu, kobelco, gehl... The list gos on. So if I was to buy another machine I would be demoing the hitachi or Deere. I have a jcb 804 and it has been great, but jcb seems to wear out bushings on the boom extremely fast even though I grease the hell out of it. That's my only complaint. Other then that my jcb never gives me a headache.
Sorry To Hear Your Having Problems With JD 35D . Have One With 2700 Hrs And Its Never Has Been In For Repairs.
Are you sure about this? Wouldn't the CEMA tag on the side of the machine state this then? Both my 17D and 50D have CEMA tags the have "Hitachi Construction Machinery Inc" listed. If you are correct then the tag should state "Hokuetsu Industries Co. Ltd."
I have seen older JD mini excavators that had Airman written them. That was not on the tag but stamped on the machine. Not sure on the newer ones.
I have run Kabota.The very best period.Sold a old one seral years agoe that had been in Kiwait.It is still going and going.
Still Airman. Identical.
We have a 50 with 5800 hours and it still runs like a champ. Just wish the front window didn't rattle so much.