Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

delivery valves

barry55 ยท 2013-11-11 20:43

I have a 302.5 miniexcavator with a 3 cylender perkins with a zexcl injector pump 97005 43000 does anyone know how or if i can put new seals under the plunger retainers without looseing the callibration of the pump the retainers that have the 2 special nuts/screws on each one Thanks Barry55

Replies2
  1. #1Lil' Puss2013-11-12 19:44

    I have yet to see any kind of fuel injection pump with seals on the plungers. The barrel and plunger assemblies are lap fitted and thus only micro amounts of fuel leak by. Fuel is also the lubrication medium for this area. What are your symptoms that make you think you have to change any seals? Engine oil cross contamination?

  2. #2excavator2013-11-12 23:29

    I've done several, just mark the body before you remove it. It's splined and needs to be installed in the exact same position. Getting the special screws out can be a little interesting but doable. I usually replace them with allen head screws. Also, I've not had good sucess with after market o-rings, I get the original Perkins kit. A bit spendy but well worth it IMHO.