Does anyone charge the customer anything when you call dial before you dig/locating service(PA 1 CALL). I'm just wondering if I can do this. After all I do have to drive to the site, mark it, call it in, and wait 3 days...GOTTA be worth something???
I wouldn't make it a line item, but it should be figured into your job.
We usually just figure it in, but as landscapers we're on site usually far before we ever start digging anyway, so we don't have to go out of our way to mark the site.
always charge for time on the job. sometimes it is a line item and some times it is figured into the total price. Free eatimates are just that an estimate. Anything beyond standing in the street and saying " I estimate $xxx.xx for the job with the information you have given.) is charged for.
I don't think that a seperate charge for the utility check would be warmly accepted by a potential customer. In Ohio this service is a no charge service to contractors and home owners alike. I just usually throw some extra money in on my quotes for misc. time spent. I actually use the utility check as part of my sell. When I drop off my estimate I offer to; "Mark the dig site for the Utility check while i'm here" to let the potential customer know that I want to do their job and I am ready and eager to proceed with their project if they accept my quote. If they don't use me on the job I'm only out some white flags and a few minutes of time! Alan