Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diamond Reo Trucks and Osterlund Giant Trucks Connection

old1 ยท 2013-04-14 20:57

I check this forum daily; but never post; I'm a lurker, I suppose. Found something interesting today, going through some old manuals, and posting them on Ebay. Here Goes: I found a manual for a Giant Truck , yea I thought they were talking a big truck; but to my surprise the Giant , was made in Pennsylvania. I want to make this as short as I can, so here is a link to read to fill you in a little, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Reo_Trucks I'm from Pa, and never heard of this. Also google, Osterlund inc. , there was a major court case also. Anyway, when Diamond Reo went out of business, Osterlund sort of continued the Diamond Reo based truck under the Giant name. Have I got you truck historians interested yet !!!! That is where the court case came up; but you will have to google that, it is loooong. I never posted a pic here, so I am trying. Anyhow, pics or no pics right now, this is interesting, The manual shows you how to shift Fuller transmissions, 10-13-15-speed and 8LL and all the drivers checks, preventive maintenance, he should be doing. There is a maintenance log in there that has dates up to 1991. That is all for now, I'm going back to the pics and see what I am doing wrong. old1

Replies1
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2013-04-15 01:24

    Welcome to HEF old1. Thanks for the info. Looks like some good stuff.