Hello, I recently purchased this IH 3600 Series A Backhoe. Model I-3600D -A. Ser: 2750152U001439. Machine is in great shape. Tires, Hydraulic Hoses. Really, it needs restored. When purchased there was no drive movment. Forward or Reverse, and no noises. All Bucket attachments run strong, however there is no power steering, and no movement. Hydraulic oil looked milky. I proceed to drain the hydraulic oil, upon removing the far back drain plug from the Differential......... Out comes some water about a quart or so........... Then ..... A Nut, with a piece of bolt....... Then pull out a 4" bolt, or a shear bolt. Had 6 lines on the cap with a triangle, but no logo in the middle. Grade 5 or Grade 8? Not sure what to think, had to leave for work. I thought the hydraulic oil had too much water in it and need to drain the cylinders, and return lines. Previous owner stated tractor drove into position to remove stumps, removed them, then never moved again. I have yet to pull the hydraulic oil filter in the engine compartment that feeds the servo pump, or drains back to that area. When I removed the filter from the trans, it looked new, and somewhat plugged from the water slime. However when removing the cover the filter fell right out. Shouldnt this be sealed/ connected better? Now I am wondering where this 4" Bolt and Lock nut came from. I can not seem to locate it in the exploded parts diagrams on cases website. I could not find this .3600 on there either. I have been using the Hydro 84 and the 656 model for reference and the Good folks out at Read Brothers in Henry IL, Had a book and found the hydraulic filter on top for me. The only spot I think the bolt can be from is around where a pinion or the bull gear mounts? Maybe? I plan on removing some covers and looking into it further before I refill with 20 gallons of hydraulic oil. I am looking for some advice on where to look or what to do about this bolt. I have the hydrostatic service book, however I am hoping once the filters are changed the unit will move again. If not I am prepared to troubleshoot and repair. I am curious as to the drive problem being related to this bolt. Any advice, suggestions, and or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks
The bolt may be from the diferential cage. There are 7 of them. Also, when you took the cap off the the trans filter there should have been a spring loaded valve that keeps pressure on the filter.
Should I pull it apart to see the cage and put a new bolt back in, or is this common to snap one or two of them off from rough terrain/ use? The spring valve, was installed with the spring inside the filter. I will make sure I install it right. So should I flush the hydraulic oil, refill then go from there or dissassemble and clean and inspect? I am away for work till thursday, then I am going to remove the other hydraulic oil filter then see what that leads too.
I'm not sure where you are located but I have the same machine with the D-282 in it complete motor overhaul kit New hydro pump new rear tires and a bunch of other things to much to list but if interested I'm asking $5,500 for everything! I know how hard it is to find parts for these machines. If your interested contact me 732-773-0551 I have a ton of pictures on CL under jersey shore then heavy equipment
Did that bolt land in that yellow pan....right where the pan sits and is shown in your posted picture?