Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did the HEF accounts get get hacked ?

Tinkerer · 2021-07-16 09:06

I received an email disguised as a normal notice from HEF that I had a PM from a member. It was a solicitation offering Viagra for sale. I deleted is as spam and did not open it before doing so.

Replies14
  1. #1aighead2021-07-16 10:56

    Nice catch! Seems they can get anywhere nowadays!

  2. #2Nige2021-07-16 11:04

    Did you let the mods know about it.? I don't know if there is a "Report" button on PM's like the same as there is on postings.

  3. #3seatwarmer2021-07-16 11:22

    No "Report" button unfortunately.

  4. #4Mike L2021-07-16 17:11

    So did you get a deal on the viagra?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2021-07-16 18:36

    I got the same thing..

  6. #6John C.2021-07-16 19:32

    There was a report button on my PM. I did it and deleted the message.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2021-07-16 19:39

    It wasn’t in my pm.. It came to MY PERSONAL EMAIL.!!

  8. #8Camshawn2021-07-16 19:45

    I haven’t gotten anything yet……

  9. #9John C.2021-07-16 20:02

    It came to my personal email as well. The report button was on the forum page.

  10. #10Tinkerer2021-07-16 20:58

    Unfortunately for the solicitor I have no need for it. You interpret that a couple of different ways. No, I didn't report it. I figured the mods would get a couple of hundred of them without my help. Same with me. It wasn't in my PM's. That is why I thought they hacked HEF's accounts somehow and gained access to our email addresses.

  11. #11KSSS2021-07-16 21:11

    I ordered some from the PM and it's not real. Didn't make a lick of difference, no four hour issue here. I am kidding...

  12. #12stinky642021-07-17 00:53

    If they combined some cheap viagra with a good deal on an extended warranty for my pickup, I may bite...

  13. #13digger242j2021-07-17 05:48

    When you get a PM, HEF sends you a notification in your email. The content of the PM is included in that notification email. I also got the Viagra PM (which was addressed to a bunch of members), and deleted it using the spam cleaner, which would have removed it from everybody's inbox here, whether it had been read yet or not, but the emails would still be out there...

  14. #14thepumpguysc2021-07-17 09:51

    Thanks digger