Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Difference between Komatsu pc300lc-7 and PC300lc-7L

daddytrav ยท 2014-07-07 18:16

I am looking for a shop service manual for a Komatsu PC300lc-7L and am curious if anyone can tell me the difference between the pc300lc-7 and the pc300lc-7L? I have found manuals, but the manual for the "L" is 229.00 and the manual for the straight pc300lc-7 is around 100. is there a huge difference? Would I be alright to just get the cheaper manual? I just do not know what the difference is. If it is a completely different machine/engine... Or if I am looking at some small difference that would save me a hundred and fifty bucks. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1John C.2014-07-07 21:31

    That last "L" usually denotes where the machine machine was built or where is was built for. It is likely that the Dash 7 book does not have the engine specifications, diagnostic manual or repair section. You could ask the people selling the books.

  2. #2coalrulz2014-07-08 00:04

    If you provide machine serial number I will be able to give you a better idea on the differences.

  3. #3daddytrav2014-07-08 15:14

    Sn: A860035

  4. #4coalrulz2014-07-08 18:27

    I think you have an extra 0 in your serial number. A86000 and up (according to manuals I can look up) is for PC300HD-7EO, the -7EO is TierIII designation. So if this is indeed the case a -7L book would be different as far as engine and some of the wiring schematics. The -7L has a 114E-2 and the -7EO has a 114-4 engine. You should be able to get the engine information from engine serial number tag. The -7EO also has a common rail fuel system.

  5. #5daddytrav2014-07-09 14:21

    you are correct. I got carried away and put an extra zero. the SN is A86035

  6. #6daddytrav2014-07-09 16:45

    Ok, the book says that it covers Komatsu PC300LC-7 with 6D114E-2 Series Engine S/N A85001-UP. I assume (and I know what they say about that) this manual will work for my machine. Am I correct in this assumption? Sorry, I just have very little experience on these particular machines and any input helps. I appreciate all of the help. Thanks

  7. #7John C.2014-07-09 18:36

    The 6D114 engine is a Cummins C series clone built by Komatsu under license. If your machine has that engine you are in luck. Generally the A prefix on the serial number denotes and machine built for the North American market which will generally have the Cummins/Komatsu clone engine.

  8. #8coalrulz2014-07-09 20:58

    You have a A86035 S/N which fits into the A86000 and up range which is a TierIII machine with a 6D114-4 engine. The book you reference will be applicable to most of your machine except for the sections on the engine and some of the electrical schematics. The A prefix does not denote machine built for North America it denotes a machine built in North America. The A prefix serial number excavators are built in Chattanooga.

  9. #9John C.2014-07-09 22:01

    Then "generally" the A prefix means a machine built for North America. Nes Pas?

  10. #10daddytrav2014-07-10 11:35

    Excellent. Thank you for the information. I will get the more expensive book, as it will certainly be worth the extra to have that information. Thanks again this helps a lot.