http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wFxDTDhrA Dump truck with transfer trailer
I guess you guys haven't seen these back east. We have them all over the place on the west coast, and have had them around for at least 10 years now.
NW transfers
California transfers
Do you guys on the east coast have any super dumps? Top pic is a NW Super Dump Bottom 2 are Californis Super Dumps
Ive never seen one of those transfer trucks that i posted in my life. I have seen some of the dumps with the tag axle that flips down. The transfer trailers dont seem to practical to me, but i'm sure there must be a use for them or you wouldnt have them out there. Is the reason for them that you have to haul a long distance to get material? :usa
I don't know about these tranfer trucks, seems like allot of messing around to me. A dump trailer would seem more practical behind a dump truck?..:beatsme Some nice looking rigs just the same.
Try backing a dump trailer around a tight bend in town where you only need 1 1/2 truck loads of material hauled in and it can't be dumped down the road and hauled in with a small loader.
It all has to do with weight laws. There has to be a minimum distance between axles to carry weight and the pup trailers meet that requirement. I took a trip to Michigan last year and I saw trucks set up there like I've never seen. Tandem trailers had the second fifth wheel built on to the rear of the first trailer with an extra axle, around here they have a separate fifth wheel dolly between the two trailers. I wonder if we'll ever see the day where all 48 states have the same weight laws?
I saw this truck at one of the Richie Bros auction in Vegas notice how the wagons are pointed in opposite directions
WOW, those boxes in seperate directions suggests that that is actually used like that, Now that would be something to see!
I had a couple of those. The first was an 86 Mack Superliner with Galaty tubs. The 2nd was an 89 Peterbilt with Superior boxes. Heres a video of how a side dump trailer does its thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzZS8_ItHs
you see alot of then in WA OR and Ca - the rare here in montana - tell someone about them and they you are talking a garbage roll off truck
in the west coast ive been seeing a lot more super dumps and a lot less transfer trailers... damn
Steve, this what yyour talking about with our MI gravel trains? And if you can get it to post as a picture instead of a link, have at it!
Super Dumps are really popular in the KC because of different "zones" allowing different weights. There is a cement-not concrete- that has several W900S Super 16s and is in the process of building a T800W Super 18. Those are some big fuggin straight trucks. 5-star trucking-clever name since they started with all quint-axles- is starting to build super trucks too. Outside of KC, not many abounds.
I want details about the steering job hiding in front of the rear set of wheels: