I am bidding on a job near Deming, New Mexico. Anyone on here live near or work near this area. I am trying to find out what it is like to dig in the desert. I have some duct banks to do and light bases to install. Thanks!
bit of a trip from wisconsin to new mexico for work isn't it?
Anybody even close to there? Does anyone have a guess? Thanks!
I drove through Deming at night once. But if was like any other desert Im sure its all sand. If not sand its rock or caliche you will need to drill and shoot. If its sand you wont be able to get enough water for compaction. I think if I was bidding a job that far away from home, I'd be on a airplane to fly out and have a look around.
I google map viewed it. looks like a desert, no lawns. But you do see trenchers with rock chains on them in Texas. so I would guess New Mexico isn't much different. bid worst case digging. Good luck with the bid