Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

diorama

xterrahawk ยท 2009-10-09 16:24

sup guys quick question im starting to gather some ideas and what not to build my first diorama and i want to make it somewhat as professional looking as possible (machines, equipment, trucks, tools etc) im prolly going to build my own site office but i was wondering if theres a website or pictures somewhere where i can get some ideas. Pictures could be real and diorama figure. I just wanna get some ideas. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1D5G2009-10-09 21:37

    Pics of a jobsite? Or pics of an office trailer?

  2. #2heavylift2009-10-09 22:42

    better look at n scale models 1/ 160 scale.... ghq has some nice pewter models... not too bad.... woodland scenics has trees and stuff.... I have about a dozen pieces of ghq stuff.... pretty small when you can spin a skid steer around on a quarter with out touching the edge... there all static models...

  3. #3xterrahawk2009-10-10 00:25

    office trailer would be good. i googled some and got some ideas so im going to start working on some designs and see how it goes thanks for the response

  4. #4D5G2009-10-10 01:15

    I would start by getting some plastruct I beams, and some wheels. Make your frame and build it up to your own specs. What scale are you doing your diorama in?

  5. #5hummer132009-10-10 07:19

    Check out my website, my dio 3 is the best detailed one I have done. The thing that worked the best for me is drving around and just looking at job sites. You can get a lot of ideas by just seening how it is really done. Jason