Does anyone here have any experiance with directional drilling/boring? I have been kicking the idea of getting in to this for a while, not much else to do when it is 15* outside. I have been to a couple directional drilling/trenchless technology classes in when I was in school, so I know a little about it. There are only two contractors in my area that do this kind of work, and it seems like there are more and more situations that call for it every day. It also looks like it would be fairly profitable - they are getting $6-10/ft, depending on size/ect. Could someone give me an idea of what the operating costs are for such an operation (small drill, mud mixer, mud, etc). and what size of pipe could you pull with a small rig like a 7x11 vermere?
That's what we specialize in. email me for any questions you might have... or check out here for more info.