Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ditch Witch R65 won’t move forward while trenching

mtj0742 ยท 2015-03-29 15:29

I have a Ditch witch R65 with the backhoe and trencher attachment. When I select the creeper gear to do some trenching the machine moves forward and intermittantly makes a loud poping noise and seems to lose forward momentum for a second. Its worse in hard ground. I pulled the seat and tin off around the tranny and can't find anything slipping while it is moving. Any thoughts, I'm at a loss.

Replies1
  1. #1Bill Smith2015-03-30 07:30

    Not sure about the R 65 But when machine is out of gear there should be a hydraulic motor with a drive chain on it attached to the drive shaft and you regulate your forward and reverse with a small lever as you probably know . Sounds to me the chain is jumping the sprocket .