I'm not much of a poster on here, but I check in a couple times a day to read as much as I can to learn. A year and a half ago I bought a Massey Ferguson 50H from a local guy. This is my first tractor and first piece of yellow equipment. I bought it to do some things around the property I own and also assist with simple dirt tasks when I finally prepare to build my home. So far I have used it to move some stuff around the property including a spare Cummins diesel engine my dad has for his 1937 Mack BX. Most of the time it just sits parked and unused while I wait for my planning to get all in order. I probably shouldn't have bought it when I did, but I got it at a very good rate and didn't want to pass it up. It was one of those right place at the right time deals. Since I live in Central New York and the same snow that fell in early December is still on the ground I haven't done anything with it. Today was a sunny day and about 35*, so I figured I might as well throw some batteries in the ol' girl and see if she wanted to play. After getting some good batteries (most of the ones I have are plenty of years old and don't owe me anything) charged up, she cranked a couple times and fired right up. Smoothed out instantly like she was just run yesterday. I had mentally prepared myself for much more of a battle, so needless to say I was very relieved. Diesel engines always impress me with their reliability. I know many of the members on this forum run equipment year round or professionally, but for me the ** is just a tool or a toy I splurged on that I try to keep in the best shape I know how. Hopefully in the next few weeks the ground will actually begin to thaw out and I get some work done. Welp, hope everyone else enjoys the warmer sunny days as they slowly start to trickle in.
Congratulations! starting right up sure beats tracking down loose connections and then air leaks. Don't forget to check all your fluid levels, and drain the water separator/filter and drain a little bit out of the bottom of the fuel tank if possible.