Hello all. Have a ditch witch mx45 with 2900 hrs. Bought with 2500 hours.mright final drive is weak when machine gets warm. I am going to do a case drain test on final drive soon. But I can't help think it may be swivel joint instead. Neither side is strong enough to turn machine in high speed, even when cold. Is there a way to test swivel joint also? Am repainting machine now. Would like to diagnose issue before putting all covers back on machine. Any help greatly appreciated! P.S. since I got it, the backup alarm has been disconnected. I connected it... Alarm doesn't come on until I back up. But then it stays on, even in forward direction and doesn't shut off. If I disconnect it, it goes off. But then repeats the stay on dilemma in both forward and reverse. Not sure if that means anything as far as my final drive issue. Thanks again.
Also. Can I access the swivel joint from the below access panel to rebuild it? From the top looks impossible without removing the entire platform and controls. Thanks again.
Never seen this machine but I always test pressures first. If it does have something to do with pressure bypassing as the motors warm up it will be shown on the pressure gauges.
I just posted a similar thread - I have a 2006 Ditch witch mx272 (made by Komatsu) it has about 2700 hours on it. I am having similar issues, low travel speed on right track and overall low(er) power. I just ordered a pressure kit to test hydraulics. I am interested in hearing what you discover!