Aside from quick attach vs pin, are rear backhoe buckets generic, or do I have to search out buckets specifically for a Deere 310L? Thanks
They are definitely not generic, you will need to match pin size, distance between the inside of the ears of the bucket, and distance from center of pin to center of pin . If they were all made the same that would make life too easy
Unfortunately what Tags said. You will want to find one that fits your machine. It's really not worth swapping ears on a backhoe bucket unless you have the time and shop to do it right.
There may be a chart somewhere that shows what fits what, but I've never seen one. For sure, JD buckets interchange across certain models. Seems like there was a break after the D's maybe where they changed?
there is only one path for semi-universal buckets, that is aftermarket adapter and buckets.
I have a 36" Caterpillar backhoe bucket on my Komatsu PC-78 midi-excavator. The front pin on the Cat was the same diameter but ear spacing was wider; the rear pin on the Cat is smaller but the spacing was correct. I had a sleeve turned for the rear, a pin made from a drop of 4140, and two ~.75" spacers turned for the front pin. All parts were made from drops and cost me a crisp 100 dollar bill labor and materials. Got the bucket (nearly new) for 300 dollars off of Facebook marketplace. Have had it on 2 or 3 years now. Well worth the effort to make it work. The alternative is to be patient and a reasonable deal on a bucket for your machine will come along. I couldn't wait so had to make what was available to me work. It's that or pony up the cash.
Even though it's really for excavators, you may find my thread here useful: HeavyEquipmentForums
Stumpy. If you can give me detailed measuring instructions, I can measure a bucket off of a 2015 Deere 310 L backhoe to add to your spreadsheet if you'd like.
Emmett....when you click on the link in post # 108 in my thread, the info opens up in Google Sheets. On the bottom notice the tabs "DIMENSIONS", "DIAGRAM", "Revision History". Click on the "DIAGRAM" tab....The dimensions are labeled in the diagram & correspond to the descriptions in the "DIMENSIONS" sheets. Does that help you?
Yes. Thanks. When it warms up, I'll measure and post.
In my experience with John Deere & Case, even a bucket that fits an earlier machine won't work on a newer machine. IE: Case 580K buckets use smaller pin diameter than 580 Super N. I've been shopping for a backfill bucket, only new are available.