Hello again folks, First I’d like to sincerely thank all who have responded to my previous post as well as those who will help me today. You all have been a tremendous help for a small farmer with older equipment trying to squeak out a living. I really cannot afford to spend tens of thousands each year at the dealer repair shop. Therefore, I try to repair and replace all I can myself. So here’s the back story. I have a 96ish JD310 backhoe (T0310dg814698). I lost reverse earlier so I pulled the reverser, had it rebuilt and I reinstalled it. All was well and working fine. I replaced the FNR and clutch solenoids when I replaced the reverser. But I neglected to change the torque converter....not sure if that was a good idea. Yesterday while working the machine I stopped to dig and went to resume traveling and had no reverse or forward. (I did run over some brush but don’t see anything out of place). I check the Voltage with my meter to see if the FNR solenoids were throwing voltage to each side and there were but on 11.4volts....is that adequate? Also the “click” when shifting btwn to F and R didn’t sound as loud. Any help or something to try would be greatly appreciated. Btw, I have the Tm1497 technical manual but couldn’t find anything specific on wiring diagrams.
You need TM1496 for troubleshooting and schematics. Is there voltage to the clutch disconnect solenoid?
'96, would that make it a "D"? I have a' 97 D. It had a clutch cutout solenoid that would get stuck open and need a thwack on the top bolt with a wrench or something to get it to re-engage. Whatever it is it sounds electrical which is fortunate, a couple hours swearing at it with a testing probe and a roll of electrical tape will probably fix it. I seem to recall removing my solenoids and plungers and testing them off the machine a couple of times.