Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do you know the height of the boom? Model 33 Case hoe….

rasman57 ยท 2011-02-18 10:29

580 Construction King from 69 with a 33 hoe. Checked all the manuals and can't find a height from the ground reference for transport. The hoe is not with the tractor so we do not have the ability to check. Looking for ball park close.

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832011-02-18 17:50

    hauling the hoe in the upright position wouldn't be my first choice since case booms go over center to lock. Besides how are you going to load it? If I was hauling it, I'd want the hoe stretched out and the stabilizers down, and the hoe swung a little so my stabilizers were under width, but thats just me.

  2. #2nilzlofgren2011-02-18 19:45

    I agree with stumpjumper. The average Case hoe in the locked position is about 11' 3". On my tag along, it would be close to 14'. You'll rip down all kinds of tree limbs, and you might even snag some phone and cable lines. And, did I mention overpasses? Heck, you might even damage some of your Hydraulic lines. You have to put the hoe down, and rest your bucket on the deck, or the beavertail.

  3. #3mitch5042011-02-19 00:35

    I carry my 580sk extendahoe on a tag trailer w/ the boom locked. It is 13'2" on my trailer; 13'6" is legal. I have hauled it with the boom down, but I sure wouldn't want to load it with the boom unlocked, as that would make the machine very light in the nose. Very many trailers going down the road are 13'6" tall exactly.