Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does a International 4700 require a electric brake controller

AllDodge ยท 2012-12-30 19:13

Read through several brake post but no luck. Have a 97 International 4700 dump and juice brakes (yes air is better). Have a 10 Ton trailer with electric brakes and would like to know if the truck needs a brake controller to be added or is one built in? Looked through the net and couldn't anything with a clear answer.

Replies4
  1. #1powerjoke2012-12-30 19:28

    I would doubt it has a integrated brake controller, none of mine have Edit: there is nothing wrong with hydraulic brakes with that size of truck don't sell your truck short. Pj

  2. #2AllDodge2012-12-30 19:59

    Not selling the truck short, I like it, just every other post is stating air brakes are the way to go. If a seperate brake controller is used how can I find out how to connect it? Dodge, Chevy, Ford etc have info everywhere I look, but can find nothing for the International

  3. #3powerjoke2012-12-30 20:16

    Buy a controller the wire inst are in them, all you have to do is batter pos, neg, one wire to trailer, one wire scotch locked onto a break light wire on the break pedal

  4. #4AllDodge2012-12-30 20:21

    Installed many on regular trucks but always had a pre-made harness to plug into the block. Guess it's that simple, just couldn't see the forrest for the trees, so to speak. Thanks