I'm looking at a 2004 Case 850K and I was told they had cooling issues with the hydraulics but there was an update and I want to see if it's been done because if not i don't want to buy it in fear of pumps going back and need something ready for work asap. The serial number is CAL004196 Any help is greatly appreciated!
Also has anyone ha any experience with the Deere 450J style dozers? It's between the two both are the same price. Everything else I have in John deere so maybe it's best to stick to the same brand?
Have you checked with a Case dealer if any updates are on file? I know a guy who has a Case 850 (think it was a K) that the hydraulics got hot enough to start burning the paint off the reservoir.
The one couldn't tell me anything. I think I'm gonna stay away from case I heard some horror stories about these K series dozers. I'm sure many had been great but I hear a lot of transmission problems. I'm looking at a 450J next week I've heard good things about about Deeres
Sounds like a good plan. I think the 450J JD is a smaller machine though.
Yeah unfortunately but I found a nice one for sale but I'm not doing mass earth work I mainly need it for fine grading for a new hour construction. That's crazy about how hot those hydraulics got I don't know how a company who's been making equipment for years screws up the cooling on the most important thing... the hydraulics
Bad paint might contribute to it appearing to be burning off. The hyd. reservoir on my skid steer the paint is burnt off but there doesn't appear to have ever had primer applied before final paint. A temp. gauge for the reservoir would be a good idea.