Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does the early Case 400 series have a float setting?

NW.Wisc.guy · 2019-04-23 12:19

I haven’t seen anything in the operators manual on my 05 Case 430 about a way to make the booms float... does anyone know if that was available then?

Replies3
  1. #1phil3142019-04-23 13:07

    There is a float button in a lot of newer machines. In older Case machine with mechanical (H-pattern) controls, try pushing down (towards the floor) with the left control. Right control if you have ISO pattern. Like your doing a boom down, but push a little more, it may lock into float.

  2. #2KSSS2019-04-23 14:57

    There is no ISO contols on the servo machines IE 400 series (series 3 has pilots which ISO is an option). I never use float but if I remember correctly and it was quite a while ago, but if you depress the loader up/down controller (left hand controller) and depress it all the way down, I believe it goes into detent. Try it and see if that works.

  3. #3jacobd2019-04-23 20:08

    It has float on the boom control. Just pull the left hand stick all the way toward you. You may have to get a little rough with it because it's a pretty stiff detent to start with and if it hasn't been used in a while it tends to get even stiffer.