Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miller Bug Coupler

Shotgun Russ ยท 2019-01-28 13:50

Can anyone give me the full rundown on these? The machine I am looking to buy I believe has a range 4 on it (PC130-7). Quality? Compatibility? Advantages and disadvantages? Any advise or knowledge is appreiciated.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2019-01-29 04:41

    Good day there are many of these products around today be aware you reduce both the breakout force and the lifting capacity see the link. http://www.millergroundbreaking.com Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Shotgun Russ2019-01-29 21:24

    Thanks, looking for anyone with hands on experience and their thoughts.

  3. #3heymccall2019-01-29 21:29

    Overall, they're a decent coupler. No greater failure rate than any of the other couplers in the fleet here. Many of my Caterpillar machines came with them (the Caterpillar Pin Grabber coupler is just a rebranded Miller Bug). To change failed hoses, I shear the fitting off with a chisel, then use a socket to pull out the hex. It's tight in there. I never bought "Miller" parts from Miller, as mine were all supported by Caterpillar. But, they are sure proud of them hydraulic cylinders $$$$$.

  4. #4Shotgun Russ2019-01-29 22:14

    Thanks, good stuff.