Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan excavators

928G Boy · 2008-07-09 19:05

anyone here run one of these doosan hoes before? I hear that they are pretty good but I want to get more opinions on them. A guy I know recently bought one and really likes it.

Replies23
  1. #1mikef872008-07-09 21:48

    From what I hear they are a great machine. I do believe getting parts is a pain in the neck. I think no matter what your better to spend the money on a Deere or Komatsu. But all depends on how long you'll use it for, what you do with and of course personal preference.

  2. #2Dwan Hall2008-07-09 21:59

    There is a Doosan dealer here that is also a contractor w/25 to 30 employees. He runs a pit, crusher, does road work,etc. I have run there loaders, and excavator. They seem strong and smooth but are put together with lighter plastic in the cab. (cracks all over) screws fall out, bucket self leveler failed on both the 250 and 400 loaders within 6 months. they were priced right for what they were. $119,000 for the same size as a Volvo L60E @$136,000.

  3. #3Burnout2008-07-10 10:59

    The Doosan/Daewoo Excavators are a great machine. We just finished up a site where another contractor brought in a Doosan 300. Our 330 operator was laughing at it until he jumped in and tried it out for a bit. I have never seen him so shaky on a machine, he couldn't handle the speed of the orange beast. The Doosan machines are fast, quite reliable, easy on fuel and a nice machine to run. Yes the cab is cheap and somewhat crappy but the old Daewoo 130 I ran was nice, the only excavator I have ever run with a tachometer. They will give you great service and dealer support in Canada is decent. The only problem I know of thats serious has been solved for the most part. I talked to my old boss about his 130 and apparently Daewoo had some issues with the mount where the boom joins the upperstructure. That mount is somewhat weak on some machines and the boom can actually tear off the upperstructure. If caught early you can re weld it. But as far as I know that problem was fixed after the Solar 5 series machines.

  4. #4cat3202008-07-10 21:48

    Well if your looking for them I think most all bobcat dealers will have them on there lot now I know Bobcat of boston does saw these big orange machines on there lot today going to be a big change for them from servicing and transporting small machines.

  5. #5Bellboy2008-07-12 05:02

    I looooove them. So sexy...:my2c

  6. #6AtlasRob2008-07-12 16:03

    Several members on here run them and by all accounts are a good reliable investment. As with anything it will need loving care and attention and will not be worth more when you sell it than you paid for it

  7. #7Gavin Phillips2008-07-12 16:14

    From what I've heard the Doosan machines are more or less copies of the latest Daewoo dash 5 series of excavators. The smaller machines are popular around here, especially with urban construction. From my own experience working in an office with one digging a trench for cables right outside, it was a very quiet machine. Even with the window open there wasn't that much noise so I was quite impressed! I have to admit I do miss seeing the old DH-range of Daewoo machines being around. I have quite a few fond memories of the DH130 and DH170 machines shifting topsoil around several sites before houses were built on the spoil heaps. :Banghead

  8. #8Bellboy2008-07-13 02:04

    Doosan Infracore bought out Daewoo Heavy Industries, so there should be no more Dawoos. If there are, they are probably Daewoo Doosan or old daewoos. The new Daewoo Doosan range is the DX or Solar. Payloaders are DL and Mega. The DL and DX tend to be more lavishly styled, interior and exterior.

  9. #9Gavin Phillips2008-07-13 05:30

    Strangely enough I saw a Doosan 140LC-V excavator this morning while on my wanderings. Machine was fitted with pretty wide tracks, far more than the 600mm plates I'm used to seeing around here. It was probably on its way to build more houses on more flood plains like what seems the norm these days...:beatsme

  10. #10ragerider2008-07-13 15:55

    I,v only been around a new 480 doosan and I can only imagine what it would be like to get parts for these in a few years! If they were any more disposable they would be made of cardboard!!!!

  11. #11CM19952008-07-13 16:32

    Very true - same with any manufacturer!

  12. #12dayexco2008-07-13 18:28

    i'm not for buying "junk"....but i'm also looking out for my $$$ also. let's say what most people here call the "top shelf" stuff sold at $150k....BUT, you could buy a comparable sized, brand "x" machine for $125k....let's assume you'll finance it for 4 years, at 8% interest just to make it apples for apples....if you go top shelf, you've not only lost the income producing capability of the extra 25k....you've also spent an additional $4300 in interest assuming you put nothing down, traded nothing in.....it will cost you $610 additional per month to own the top shelf machine just in additional interest, and purchase cost. no doubt makes no difference to many here, to me it does. we normally put 7-10k hrs on our machines when we trade them off, and by that time, there isn't the $30k difference in resale value of top shelf goods...and brand "x".

  13. #13Bellboy2008-07-17 09:43

    I'm confused. Is it "DX" or "DH" ???????????????

  14. #14AtlasRob2008-07-18 13:54

    From memory DH was original Daeoo prefix, Solar was next and latest offering is the DX range.

  15. #15greeniron2008-07-24 20:18

    looked at a DX300LC , good looking machine , talking 220,000 K , Australian with 1 GP bucket and quick hitch just wondering how this price compare too your area

  16. #16joispoi2008-07-26 09:35

    if that´s a 2008 model, I´d say that´s a good deal. I just saw a 2005 with 2000 hrs on it listed for $207,000 AUD

  17. #17D6 Merv2008-07-26 21:04

    Doosan My mates got a DX300 with a high and wide undercarridge making it about 35 ton. He uses it for forestry roading and loves it. He keeps them for about 6000hrs then trades it on a new one. At about 100k cheaper here than a equivilent Cat he,s quite happy. Merv

  18. #18Bellboy2008-07-27 04:18

    Beautiful. Thats the only excavata for me.

  19. #19BobFTW2023-10-24 20:37

    Daewoo Solar Manual for anyone looking 30.72 MB folder on MEGA 5 files mega.nz

  20. #20Ironrider712202023-10-26 17:20

    Technical support and replacement parts are weaknesses. I worked for Doosan Infracore America and it was frustrating 15years ago and worse now. Decent machines, very well built, but basically you are on your own when you buy one.

  21. #21mowingman2023-10-26 17:59

    I know this is an old thread, however, my son-in-law bought a used Doosan excavator about 9 years ago. It is his primary excavator and he uses it most every day for some task or the other. He rarely needs parts, and seems to have no problem when getting them from the local dealer. I think parts availability depends a lot on your local dealer.

  22. #22KHADIBI2024-03-15 23:20

    Hello Please share more Pdf files related to Daewoo Solar construction equipment Thanks

  23. #23Qmoto2024-04-29 15:44

    Hey just wondering if you or anyone else has experience with any of there smaller older units. Looking at this one 2005 Doosan Midi Excavator SL55-VP 1930Hours NewRubberTracks . He's asking $41800 CAN.