hi guys after hearing nothing via the internet reguarding a job offer im gonna have to go out there on holiday and look for work while im there. i have friends in calgary i can stay with for maybe three weeks but just need a little advice on plant companys where i might find work when im out there whos head office maybe in calgary or would it be worth just driving round sites for excavator work ?
When you get to calgary give me a ring at 403 465 2766, name's Jason. Just mention crowbar and HE forums and I'll know who you are =) If you want to send me a resume ahead of time I'll have a better idea of what experience and type of work you have done and can find a better match for you company wise. No matter what kind of work you want to do I am sure I can find a place for you in no time, I have mad connections. The resume can go to [email protected] and if it looks good I could probably have an interview/tryout or two waiting for you when you arrive. Problem solved!
Ha Ha Ha Typical Canadian Hospitality. That's why I moved here! I had Family here from England last week. £308 return with Thomas Cook. Small price to pay and the best way to get a Job offer. Still gonna be a Pain in the backside getting a Work Permit! Good luck! Ross
Calgary is definately the place to be for heavy equipment operators. Tons of work kickin around in Northern Alberta as well.