Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer and excavator

FurakawaMatt ยท 2010-02-11 22:11

I noticed that Kobelco offers a combination dozer excavator they call the Bladerunner. Unlike most excavators with a push blade the Kobelco has a 6 way blade with foldable wings. I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these units? (there is a 94 and a 121 HP machine) heres a link Most excavator push blades are not that effective for dozing in my experience due to the way a excavator is balanced. Push down on the blade and it lifts the front of the unit. But because the idea intrigues me I thought I would ask what anyone else thinks. Thanks for your response.

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2010-02-12 00:07

    I've seen quite a few of them in this territory. The dealer here is very aggressive. However I've seen many of them traded and don't really have a reason or guess as to why. Most of the machine have had the folding wings removed, I'm thinking for clearance. The do wear out track chains pretty quickly. Just some thoughts.

  2. #2FurakawaMatt2010-02-12 09:26

    Thanks for your thoughts John C. Excavator tracks are are quite different than dozer tracks in design. Might be the reason for increased wear.

  3. #3ranchboss2010-02-12 10:06

    good morning all I just ran a quick check on price $75,000.00 used that's a $120,000.00 machine new or more