he's lucky he didn't get killed. if he was wearing his seat belt, he could of stopped it before it hit the suv http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/11/CAT-fell-from-the-loading-platform-609633.html
Did you see the next one http://www.break.com/index/how-to-make-a-bad-problem-worse.html
a good reason to have a throttle that one has to hold at speed. i did mine because of heart problems. what would stop a d75s if it was maxed out and had a heart attack.
man that guy is LUCKY!!! i mean what would have happened to him if the dozer would have followed him to the ground.
I wonder if that machine was even running. I think it just freewheeled down the hill.
That pipelayer would be a scary sight to see flying down a hill like that. They must have disconnected the finals, looked like there was no resistance at all on the tracks. That was a close call with that 215 too.
was there someone under the track of that 225?? Also, it looks like in their haste they for got to put the pipelayer in GEAR. Id love to see the aftermath of that one....
I think hes talking about the dozer in the first video, not the pipelayer. If they had of put that strap in the drawbar of that 583 instead of around it they could have saved a lot of grief.
Forethought?????????????? Hi, Folks. I suspect that not a lot of forethought went into ANY of those situations. I would have loved to see the end result of the sideboom's escape down the hill. The sling not pinned IN the drawbar of the 'boom, no park brake locked on, nothing parked in front of it to prevent it fleeing the scene - what WERE these people thinking of - other than CYA?
This could do a nice "dozers gone wild" movie I didn't know that they arrange downhill competition for pipelayers? and i tought the guys going downhill with a pair of skies are crazy enough... Winter is a real pain in the *** when you have to load a dozer on a trailer! If the trailer is a little bit out of level or the dozer is misaligned = disaster! I have tried it once, but thank god i have fast reactions and my PS D6 was a quick shifter, i hit the reverse and full throttle in s split second and saved the machine from sliding of the ramps. before the next try we moved the trailer to get it completly level. The dozer sliding of the ramps looks a lot like a russian T-130! a soviet copy of a D7-17a, great stuff...
I thought you were refering to this. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPOQkr6i-0&NR=1 In another post on here I tell the story of how I did almost the same thing with a cabless D8k fitted with an angle blade & ripper. The lowloader was stuck on a slope which had been sprayed with tar to seal it. With the truck already across the road on the angle we decided to back the dozer off the trailer and down the batter. Same thing happened brakes not working on the trailer and once the weight came off the tractor unit we were off It was a much bigger drop ( oops sound like a fisherman ) with the result the dozer actually cleared the trailer completely and just stood there straight up on its side. In my defence, I at least had the brains to drive forward up the trailer to put the weight back where it was needed once I realized what was happening, but that just acted like the trailer was a conveyor belt and once at the headboard I was stuffed anyway
All I kept thinking watching that pipelayer roll down the hill was whats at the bottom waiting for it? Lets face it, as "we" become seasoned equipment operators we get too comfortable operating our machines, and safety goes out the window I just got my first piece of heavy equipment (JD 310 hoe) ....I have to say the size of it was intimidating, so while I was operating it near the edge of the drop off I found myself always wearing the seat belt, although, I was worried about the one leg of the ROPS cage where its mounted to the floor there is rot, so it may not be up to full protection strength because of that little bit of rot around it, but at least the other 3 legs where there mounted look good....
I would bet that we all have done some stupid things at one time or another, they just usually don't end up that bad.
Was watching a bridge crew load an excavator last week in the cold...just about tipped it off the side of the drop front trailer twice. They were right next to a traveled lane of interstate traffic and it was leaning over traffic enough that they jumped out and stopped traffic for a minute. (that's scary enough by itself) Finally thew some sand on the trailer and got it loaded....cold steel on steel is just like ice scates on ice.