Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer found

Lawless ยท 2015-02-21 23:29

Searching bing for old dozer ads and I ran across this. Thought it was cool so I had to share. Enjoy http://tow411.yuku.com/topic/41720#.VOlan4E76rU

Replies14
  1. #1mitch5042015-02-22 00:00

    That's the only other internet forum I'm a member of, (except our sister, Heavy Truck Forums, of course). There is a lot of overlap, lot's of threads about recovering bogged and flipped heavy equipment. I wonder how they found that dozer?

  2. #2CM19952015-02-22 10:21

    I'd like to the know the story on that. I wonder if it went something like - "If it breaks one more time, I'm throwing it in the trash hole"..

  3. #3DoyleX2015-02-22 11:29

    I met a guy that found a buried gas traction engine in IA the same way.

  4. #4Scrub Puller2015-02-22 15:03

    Yair . . . does it say anywhere where that was? . . . the soil and trees say Australia, the vehicles not so much. Cheers.

  5. #5Delmer2015-02-22 15:09

    I didn't see any mention of where, but obviously the South, East Texas to the Carolinas? I wonder if it paid the wrecker bill with the scrap price, or if he wanted it for a yard ornament?

  6. #6CM19952015-02-22 15:16

    Looks like south Georgia or southeast Alabama.

  7. #7Scrub Puller2015-02-22 16:37

    Yair . . . Well there you go, I think I'd feel right at home there . . . just love that red dirt. (big grin) Cheers.

  8. #8Lawless2015-02-22 18:54

    Yeah I don't know where it's at. What I find interesting is the engine looks to be intact. Right down to the injector lines and filters.

  9. #9mitch5042015-02-22 19:47

    As I mentioned, I'm a member on that forum too. (I have a big rollback). I went and poked around some and found the original poster is from Albany Georgia. It was the wrecker service he works for that recovered that dozer. If you like, you can look around there as a guest, that "equipment recoveries" sub forum is fascinating, (link in the blue bar at upper left)

  10. #10CM19952015-02-22 21:00

    I wasn't that far off.

  11. #11Lawless2015-02-23 21:09

    I can spend days looking at those threads! Lots of good stuff in there!

  12. #12old-iron-habit2015-02-23 21:20

    Tracks gone. Otherwise looks quite complete. Maybe stolen by someone that needed the tracks and then hid the evidence. It would have been fun to run the serial number but I'm sure its long melted now.

  13. #13catman132015-02-23 22:15

    My guess would be a d7 3t / 4t world war 2 surplus

  14. #14texaschad252015-02-27 00:56

    Something kinda similar to that happened near here 20 or 30 years ago. As it turned out, the fella stole a bunch of equipment, the long arm of the law wasn't too far behind, so he went and buried all of this stolen equipment in the ground. Wasn't very hard for the law to find because he accidentally left an exhaust stack sticking up out of the ground. Ha!! :duh