Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dozer help deere 750B

chuey ยท 2011-05-23 19:15

Were looking at buying a dozer and not wanting to spend a ton at the moment but a guy near us has a deere 750B for sale and I was wondering you alls opinion on them if anybody has used one. Its got a 6 way blade and a new engine 2k hours on it but the undercarriage needs replaced in the near future. Everything else is in excellent shape. He's asking 16k is it worth it? Thanks guys

Replies2
  1. #1Deereman2011-05-23 22:44

    A guy I used to work with had one and he loved it. It was a 750B long track, 6-way, open cab. It had the second lever for the angle. I didn't care for that but it was a stout machine. Just make sure to keep the radiator clean. They tend to run hot if not cleaned out. I would make sure it tracks straight and if possible run it hard for a couple hours to make sure everything is running properly. Price sounds about right depending on what the rest of the machine looks and runs like. If you add the cost of a new undercarriage you should have a pretty decent machine. Get us some pictures up if you can and let us know how you come out!!

  2. #2chuey2011-05-24 18:19

    okay thanks for the info. nobody round us has one of this size theyre all either smaller or cat. all our excavating and farm equipment is deere so thats the only thing were going with. Good to hear that theyre a stout machine. I priced an undercarriage at our local dealer and was actually surprised on the price of a new one cheaper than i anticipated. Wer still looking at it and i will let you know what we do. Thanks again