Howdy all, just found this forum after I bought my first dozer, a Komatsu D85-12. It didn't come with a service manual and I don't have a clue as to what fluid to put in the right reservior. I bought the tractor pretty cheap and I figure its worth half of what I gave for it in scrap lol. I have ran it about 6-7 hours and I'm starting to figure out how to push and pick trees. The tractor don't seem to have a lot of leaks and the fluid levels are staying consistent. I need to change the fluid in the transmission as it has a milky hue to it. I also would assume there is a filter somewhere for it as well. I have looked on the net and haven't had any luck finding a service manual. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome..........I'm pretty new here myself, and I've found this forum to be a great help. You will find out that there are some guys on here that have done just about everything that can be done with equipment. Lots of knowledge and experience here......
Not 100% but more than likely hyd fluid in both. A D85 i would think just mow them trees down (lol). Kirby Smith will have the info you seek and probably a discount on the filters.
Oh yea, it will mow. The only problem is the trees are breaking at the stump. Need to get some rain to loosen the orange clay up.
Clay in oklahoma? Hard dry cement clay? makes knocking down some cedars a job. no have'nt seen any today.