Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dumb dozer question

da'yoop ยท 2010-08-16 21:06

I've been looking at some different dozers for sale and I found a couple that are the same model (JD 450E) but one has inside arms and the other has outside arms. Was this a misprint on the model? Why do some have the blade arms outside, what's the point?:beatsme

Replies5
  1. #1ontrac2010-08-16 21:14

    My first thought is a four way blade as compared to a six way. Six way is nice to have.

  2. #2cummins052010-08-16 21:22

    Thats what I would think aswell inside arms is a six way good for a finish dozer The outside push arms are good for scrubbing and stumping big rocks and such.

  3. #3da'yoop2010-08-16 21:22

    I never thought of that....I just figured they were all 6-way blades. In my limited experience, all of the 450's I ran were 6-way.

  4. #4ontrac2010-08-16 21:24

    I just checked machinery trader and several with four way blades and all overpriced by a bunch.

  5. #5da'yoop2010-08-16 21:31

    hahaha.........we must be looking at the same ads...I thought the same thing.