Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer pics and new trailer

d6peg ยท 2008-08-06 21:52

These are a few of the my machine, my boys and my new trailer

Replies19
  1. #1d6peg2008-08-06 22:00

    more

  2. #2hoeman6002008-08-06 22:17

    is that just a transport sock on yer stack ?:cool2

  3. #3d6peg2008-08-06 22:26

    sure is. Beats having to tape the exhaust every time you move it. All it is, is an innertube tyed off at the end.

  4. #4d6peg2008-08-06 22:40

    lets try this again. maybe more pics I dont know whats wrong. Cant get more pics to load

  5. #5d6peg2008-08-06 22:57

    now

  6. #6curly2008-08-06 23:27

    Nice lookin 'star you got there!

  7. #7Lashlander2008-08-07 01:05

    Very nice looking setup!:thumbsup

  8. #8EZ TRBO2008-08-07 06:37

    Very nice looking setup, tractor, trailer and dozer. Looks like you work those boys as well. Thanks for sharing. Trbo

  9. #9D6c10K2008-08-07 17:30

    Sure looks like a long frame on your truck....is that a sleeper lengh frame with a day cab or what? Does that improve it's load specs by DOT rules?

  10. #10DPete2008-08-07 17:56

    Lookin good, I see you have some straight ripper shanks, looks much better as far as angle of attack compared to the hooked shanks.

  11. #11WColtharp2008-08-07 19:20

    Sweet setup! What sorts of work do you offer or is it strictly dozer work? Loving the equipment though!

  12. #12D5G2008-08-07 20:07

    Nice setup!

  13. #13d6peg2008-08-07 20:26

    Curly, LL, EZTurbo Thanks, its a 94 model in need of paint though. D6c, Yes it is a ex-sleeper truck. Wheel base I think is around 245, it had a small sleeper on it. I wont be able to axle out with this set up. I went straight to the elevator and weighed the whole setup and it weighed 82960lbs. I guess I will have to buy the 90 day overweight permit, unless they redone the soil-conservation tags where it will allow me to go over. DPete, I like the shanks that I have but you sure got to keep those points good though. I get new ones when they get wore down to about 1/2 to 3/4. In our soil if you dont have good ripper points all you do is lift the machine off the ground. WColtharp, Yes I only do dozer work. That setup, a pickup and a fuel trailer is all that I own. I like to keep it simple. More pics,

  14. #14d6peg2008-08-07 20:49

    thanks, D5g

  15. #15Construct'O2008-08-07 21:23

    What brand is the trailer? Is it a 35 ton? The rear ramp setup is what i would get also,altho would detach as much as i could ,but here sometimes because of narrow driveway and asphalt road to unload you have to jacknife the truck and unload off the rear. So the detach won't work all the time.I work some in northwest Mo. and they believe in narrow driveways and narrow roads and lots of asphalt. Looking good!!!!!! So your dozer is just a 6 roller machine probably why they didn't have the top carrier roller.Here almost all the D6R and H's are 7 roller machine. Really got busy here,everyone wants to get it done and right now!Been picking up work left and right.Close to having to say no,bad as i hate too. Good luck and thanks for sharing.:usa

  16. #16d6peg2008-08-07 21:48

    Constructo, Eager Beaver and it is a 35ton. I decided to go with the beaver tail so maybe I can get my pickup on the trailer also. Dont plan on loading or unloading off of it though. Those pics are of the first time it was loaded and when I moved today I sure did like that lower center of gravity versus our old hydro-tail. Most of the machines here are also 7 roller frames. I dont mind the 6 roller frame, we leased a 7 roller frame 6R once and couldnt tell a whole lot of difference between the two except for the 7 roller frame might ride a little smoother. I am busy also. I forgot to take pics of the big cleanup job that I finished this week. It was a real mess.

  17. #17bear2008-08-07 23:27

    Very Nice! Can you get a third axle under the tractor? Either way looks great all together.

  18. #18bobcatrg2008-08-08 15:07

    Good Looking Rig!!

  19. #19d6peg2008-08-10 23:30

    Thanks bobcat and bear, appreciate the comments. Bear, I am sure I could get a 3rd axle under it. It's been a thought just not right now.