hi all, im new here , and love this place!!im an old guy who did auto body/collision/paint, and the son of an operator, who said, son do anything you want! but dont do what i do! that was when nothing had rops, let alone heat and a/c!dad would come home after work here in northern ohio back in the sixties still cold after his 45 min. trek back home! in the summer he operated all day with no rops onnce again, just fryin in the sun! dad was running new cat equipment , union operator .and all. still said, son find something easier!
Thanks Its because of your dads hard work and dedication that makes me proud to be a UNION OPERATING ENGINEER!!!
Your dads almost right, theres only one job worse than operating a dozer and thats repairing one....believe me lol !
Our parents always want us to do something better than they did.
thats true track shoe!but what i see about most all the posts in this forum, you guys really like what you do! in the car bizz! lots of peeps made some decent bucks over time , doin wrenchin, sellin, puttin wrecks back together,and all of us are totaly burned out and hate it!!!!!!!
dad ran equipment forever! he just loved it! he left me a couple years ago! he ran most everything! he said grader was the tough one! he also said hydro -crain was tougher than the old cable crane! with the old cable , you could free wheel the loud if you got too heavy!
I think we all express some desire to our kids to "do something easier than I do." But I think Counter is sort of right; we dirt people may cuss and fuss at our machines at times, but we still keep doing it. I'm not going to try to figure out why. Maybe we love being dirty as much as we hate it. :beatsme Maybe it's the irony of the dirt, I mean, one of the worst whuppins' I got as a kid was getting dirty, now I get paid to do it! Maybe it's just the big iron replicas of the toy's we used to play with. And for me, I'd rather work on a D8K than a car. The stuff may be big and heavy, but at least it's made to be worked on!
I like an open station tractor or open "rops".The sweet smell of diesel fuel and fresh cut dirt,and the sound of the engine turning the track's.Dirt is pretty tough, in the end it claims us all,man and machine.
dozer sight: I assume you mean that your Dad passed away, counter. And I offer my sincerest condolences. OCR
i spend alot of time here and on dirt track forums when i'm home it's the only people in the world i have anything in common with i don't know anything about sellin anything to anybody but my time and sweat but i can't think of anything i could do that i would like better other than racin on dirt on saturday night
thanks, ocr! i lost dad to cancer!
Counter your Dad sounds like a fine hard working man, I too am sorry for you lose. I hope you can have some fine memories of him by getting on the site, keep the post coming.
thanks bill!!!!! bill, i thank you for your kind words!! this site is just full of the nicest peeps ive ever known!!!!!! you guys are so down to earth compared to other sites are in general, adult sites and such!ive still got a great interest in those detroits i hear so much of! you ever run any detroits bill?
Counter yes I have one on a grader, nothing like hearing the Detroit screaming. I agree there are a lot of really good people here on the forum. I love to read the post and see everyone sharing information, it is definitely a sense of community.