Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD-9H

Homer123 ยท 2019-12-17 22:46

Hello. New to forum here and owning a dozer. I inherited a TD-9H dozer. Believe it's around a 93 year model. Engine model is 410t/240t. Needing a block heater for my cold country. What are best options for that. Also once it's in shop I have some transmission issues to fix. It's slipping in 1st and 3rd gears. 2nd gear still seems solid. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2019-12-21 14:27

    The engine is a Cummins B series. The machines were sold through Komatsu dealers in that time frame. They were made in Poland. If the transmission is already slipping, it will have to come out for overhaul. Check the undercarriage components out real close as they had a huge problem with seals in the idlers and rollers leaking. The other big problem was the C frame and blade linkages being weak. Look at the sides of the nose for wear plates being installed. That was a factory fix after they came out. Here is a video I did for the factory guys when I worked for the dealer. It shows the maintenance needed to keep the things running. Good Luck!